Internet woes

Robert N. Eaton Motheaton28 at aol.com
Sun Jun 24 12:15:17 MST 2007

Robert N. Eaton wrote:

> I'll buy a new memory stick and see if that makes a difference.
>
> Otherwise I'm frustrateder and baffleder than I was before, if that were
> possible ;-).

Just got back from Fry's, installed a gig of Corsair memory (an upgrade
from 512 megs of no-name memory). Both WinXP and Fedora 7 work snappier,
showing that the memory works.

In Fedora 7 Thunderbird doesn't connect at all: it times out. Firefox
connects to a very few sites and doesn't seem to finish the connection,
no matter how long it tries. Seems like a software problem, but _which_
software? SELinux? Firewall?

And, yeah, I guess it's possible (see above ;-).)

Bob Eaton