rsyc log weirdness

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 11:08:39 MST 2007

On 6/24/07, George Toft <george at georgetoft.com> wrote:

> I have an rsync cronjob that syncs up a couple of directories.  It works
> fine.  The problem is the logs are a combination of MST and UDT:
>
> Jun 24 09:22:01 server2 rsyncd[4670]: rsync to www/ from
> root at server1-rsync (10.0.3.1)
> Jun 24 16:22:01 server2 rsyncd[4670]: skipping non-regular file
> "html/ssl/php/index.php"
> Jun 24 16:22:01 server2 rsyncd[4670]: skipping non-regular file
> "virtual/example.com/html/ssl/php/index.php"
> Jun 24 16:22:01 server2 rsyncd[4670]: wrote 69 bytes  read 206942 bytes
>   total size 1556092271
> Jun 24 09:22:01 server2 rsyncd[4672]: rsync to share/ from
> root at tos1-rsync (10.0.3.1)
> Jun 24 16:22:01 server2 rsyncd[4672]: wrote 69 bytes  read 123 bytes
> total size 0
>
> I would like to unify the timestamps to MST. Anyone know how to do that
> (didn't see anything in the man page)?

Hopefully this is not a stupid response.  I notice that the messages showing
a different clock both state explicitly being from root at xxxxxxxx (10.0.3.1)
although the other messages do not.  Is it possible that one of the machines
being rsync'd has its system clock set to UDT and the other does not (such
as a machine that also dual boots Windows)?

Side note - anyone know how to sync a symlink?  Yes, I know it can be
> bad on systems that do not have the same file structure, but these are
> virtually identical boxes, and I want to be stupid.
> --
> George Toft, CISSP, MSIS
> 623-203-1760

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss