Cox

Jon M. Hanson jon at the-hansons-az.net
Sat Jun 23 18:57:02 MST 2007

Jim wrote:

>Ok, I have seen what seems to be a smokin offer from Cox.  $9.95 a month
>for the first six months and $14.95 after that.  Is Cox internet
>connection really that cheap?  Also, any recommendations for a cable
>modem to get?  Im pretty sure that my old WRT54GL, which is laying
>dormant because I cant get DLS service from Qwest here, will not work.
>
>TIA
>
>Jim

I think the WRT54GL is a Linksys wireless router not a cable modem.
Besides, Cox will probably give you a cable modem to use when they do
the install (if you're doing the self install you will have to buy one).
You can use the WRT54GL with Cox's service to act as a firewall and to
share the connection with multiple systems.