Procmail and Maildirs

Tony E - Jaraeth jaraeth at phoenixwing.com
Tue Jun 19 18:06:00 MST 2007

Nathan Aubrey wrote:
> I want my spam to go to my $HOME/.Maildir/.Spam/ folder, but I don't want to
> know it is there, so I would like it to go straight to the /cur/ folder so I
> don't know I've got new spam. Is there a way to do this with procmail?
>
> I tried doing
>
> MAILDIR=$HOME/.Maildir
>
> :0:
> * ^Subject: *****SPAM*****
> $MAILDIR/.Spam/cur/
>
> But it didn't work.
>
> Nathan

You might try:

--start--

MAILDIR=$HOME/.Maildir
SPAMCUR=$HOME/.Maildir/.Spam/cur/

:0
* ^Subject: *SPAM*
$SPAMCUR

--end--

See if that works for you?  First off, procmail likes to use the
asterisk as a wildcard, so *SPAM* may also catch subjects such as
"I like SPAM too!".  Experiment with it, and you may also want to take a
look at Procmail's example helpfile via your favorite command line:
man procmailex

Hope that helps,

  ~ Tony E