which distro for sun netra x1???

Richard Wilson relw at mchsi.com
Thu Jun 14 23:18:54 MST 2007

Randy,

A little over a year ago I retired 4 Sun E450's that I had running
Aurora Linux -- they were the only odd hardware pieces in our Red Hat
environment.  Aurora is a port of Fedora to Sparc -- you can find out
more about it at http://auroralinux.org/ I haven't kept up with it
lately, so I don't know where it stands, but a quick look told me that
it's still an active concern.  I had understood that their goal was to
merge their work back into the main Fedora path so that in theory you
could install on Sparc hardware from a Fedora CD set...

HTH -- once I got it running (not too difficult) the E450's acted very
much like their Intel cousins running RH3...  I always thought it funny
that the Sparcs used SILO to boot (Sparc version of LILO) maybe they
have GRUB working now... The Aurora group maintains yum repositories and
have ported a LOT of stuff over.

Rich Wilson