How do I get Glade up and running?

Mike Hoy mhoy4 at cox.net
Thu Jun 14 22:26:06 MST 2007

I did the following:

mhoy at mhoy-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install python-gtk2 python-glade2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
python-gtk2 is already the newest version.
python-glade2 is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.

now I want to launch Glade but it's not in my Gnome menu under
programming and after searching a bit the command:
glade-3
should also bring it up from terminal but that results in:
bash: glade-3: command not found

Basically I want to get up and running so I can follow these series of
tutorials on this page:
http://www.learningpython.com/2006/05/07/creating-a-gui-using-pygtk-and-glade/

-Mike Hoy