Test - PLEASE do NOT reply

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 18:51:35 MST 2007

Jim,
on more public (high traffic) boards you would be correct.  But the folks
here are very good, considerate and knowledgeble.  No one replied to the
message until I asked them to do so after approximately 24 hours.  Thank you
folks!

Darrin,
For the most part you are correct.  The evil I refer to is changing a well,
known, common behaviour with no option to restore it and no mention of doing
so.  I am sorry if you disagree, but to me that is evil.  Granted not as
evil and many other things, but the kind of evil that costs people time and
money to investigate and gives no option to revert to the more accepted
behaviour.  An example to the contrary.  Many of the change made to Firefox
2 were not acceptable to some of us.  But Mozilla told what they had changed
and it was soon revealed that many of the changes could be backed out by the
user changing values in about:config.  Google COULD have made a simple
option here like virtually every email client does but they chose not to.

On 6/14/07, Jim <arizona.anorak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dazed_75 wrote:
>
> > NTL, since my originating mails do not show up UNTIL there has been a
> > reply by someone on the list, gmail must be hiding it until that event
> > happens and if it never does, my originating seems never to have gone yo
> > the list though the list echoed it out to participants (including me I
> > presume).  To me this smacks of Micro$ Bill's attitude that he should be
> > the decider of what behaviours should be silently imposed on the world.
> > I used to have high hopes for Google avoiding that kind of evilness and
> > they are fading.
>
> Don't forget that Google and Yahoo regularly betray their users in China
> to the government.
>
> http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=tiananmen&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2
> images.google.com search for tiananmen.
>

> http://images.google.cn/images?hl=zh-CN&q=tiananmen&btnG=%E6%90%9C%E7%B4%A2%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87&gbv=2
> images.google.cn (Google's Chinese site) search for tiananmen
> --
>

> "That income tax you know it's nothing more than legal robbery"
> Sidney "Pa" Larkin
>
> The magic HD-DVD number is:
> 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss