Dyndns

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Wed Jun 13 14:20:07 MST 2007

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 02:05:41PM -0700, Stephen wrote:
> When cox finds out you're running a server, they just block your port.
> As it's my own personal ssh server, not a public server, I don't
> believe it falls under their rules against running a server. But I
> guess they just like to block whatever they can.

"Personal" vs. "Public" probably doesn't even have a well-defined
meaning in this case. You have (or had) a program listening for
connections from the outside world, so that would constitute a server.

If one were sneaky, one might log attempts and find out where Cox's
probes come from and block them, so that one would appear not to be
running one's own server. But that it sneaky, and one would be violating
the ToS that one agreed to.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/