not a reply to Dazed_75

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Wed Jun 13 09:56:03 MST 2007

Dazed_75 wrote:
> BTW, my reply to Darrin's message showed up immediately.  My thinking is
> that the option in the discussion list has a boundary condition on
> messages so the zeroth message is not echoed to the sender even though
> it is sent to the member list except for the originator.  Subsequent
> messages (1-n) do get sent and work properly for the echo to originator.

I find this experiment somewhat interesting but am quite puzzled by the
described behavior.

I have been a subscriber to this list since spring of 2000.  I have
always received a copy of my "zeroth" message.  I have even, as I
recall, started a new thread for which no one has replied but I still
got a "from the list server" copy of that first email.

I do not doubt your experience but I don't understand why it is
different if the software and settings are the same.

Alan