Apache 2 webdav - .htaccess file visible to windows clients

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Mon Jun 11 15:35:45 MST 2007

I re-ordered this email for replies to be at bottom and I removed the
repeated signatures.

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Bryan O'Neal wrote:

> Yes, which is why you can not see them when browsing via a regular web
> client such as FireFox, IE, or konqurer.  But you can see it when you
> mount the webDAV folder as a network place under XP

Can you actually view the file? Or just see the filename in a directory
listing?

That "Deny" is not related to directory listings which for Apache httpd is
commonly handled by IndexIgnore.

Double check that your Files container is for the entire server and not
just a virtual host.

Also try adding to my example within the Files container:

	Satisfy All

(Are you using Satisfy Any in your authentication?)

  Jeremy C. Reed