iMac

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Sun Jun 10 11:33:37 MST 2007

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 11:04:18AM -0700, Jerry Davis wrote:
> The only thing I don't like about the mac, is that nfs between linux and mac
> are very much incompatable, I don't know how BSD could have gotten nfs
> implementation so screwed up!

FWIW, OSX is only "kinda" BSD. It's Apple's own Mach kernel, and a
heavily modified version of FreeBSD's userland.

I haven't personally done NFS between BSD and Linux, but there are
plenty of people who do.

While you can't really count on OSX to be a real *NIX/BSD, at least you
can get a shell prompt, ssh, and many other things. I like that a lot,
but I'm often reminded by various things that it's NOT Linux, or BSD.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/