iMac

Donn dlshumway at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 11:11:53 MST 2007

The iMac is a terrific machine. I have a 24" and love it. Rumors are that
there may be an update to the iMac line very soon (possibly next week - if
you believe them). I would wait until WWDC (next week) to see if this is
true. Sine the Powerbooks were just updated, this seems like a good
possiblilty.

I don't think you will save sales tax if the company has a physical presence
in the the State (which Apple does). I would go to the store and enjoy the
whole experience.

On 6/10/07, chip33az at netscape.net <chip33az at netscape.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I know this is a Linux newsgroup (Mint 3.0 is fantastic, IMHO), but I
> did ask about an iMac a few months ago.  I think I'm ready to purchase
> the iMac.
>
> I'm looking at the 20" iMac as it has a DVD writer built in.  Is this a
> good model?  I'm basically using it for web surfing, e-mail and making
> DVDs (home movies and the like).
>
> Also, does it matter if I buy on-line or go to the store in the
> Biltmore?  On-line I would save about $120 in sales tax, but are there
> any downsides (such as repair)?
>
> Thanks for any advice.

Donn
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry