testing

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 09:41:33 MST 2007

Most email clients have a setting to place a copy of sent emails into a
"sent" box/folder, the users inbox, or to actually email a copy to
themselves, gmail does not appear to be one of them.  So you may be right
about the cause for me.  And it could be true that gmail does show your
original when you get a reply though that sounds kinda strange.

NTL, when I asked this question on the list a year or more ago, I DID get a
reply indicating I should change a setting in my discussion list or PLUG
account (don't remember which).  I remember finding what I thought they were
referring to and changing it but it seemed to have no effect and it was not
worth pursuing further.

On 6/10/07, Darrin Chandler <dwchandler at stilyagin.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 08:33:10AM -0700, Dazed_75 wrote:
> > This seems to be true if no one replies to an email to the discussion
> list.
> > The sender never sees the email they sent although others do.  I know I
> have
> > had this happen and when I asked about it was told there is a setting in
> > your profile for the discussion list where you can change
> that.  Basically,
> > the list software does not send to you an email that you sent it unless
> > there is a reply unless this setting is changed.  As I recall, I found
> and
> > changed that setting a long time ago but I could be wrong as it still
> > happens to me as well..
>
> I don't recall ever changing any settings for this list, and I always
> see my own emails whether there's been a reply or not.
>
> I've heard of this happening to gmail users, and I think it's a
> 'feature' of gmail rather than the list. IIRC, there's a setting
> somewhere in gmail where you can disable it.
>
> --
> Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
> dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |
> http://metabug.org/
> http://www.stilyagin.com/  |  Daemons in the Desert   |  Global BUG
> Federation

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss