Publisher in Linux or alternative?

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Fri Jun 8 10:06:47 MST 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 08:36 -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, Nathan Aubrey wrote:
> > Yep, I knew that. I use scribus and inkscape now and then and I didn't even
> > think about it. Then let me rephrase the question, is there a way to view MS
> > Publisher files in linux?
>
> Please see
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Import_Publisher_to_Scribus

I really like the PDF attached on that page, a nice little guide for
getting started with Scribus.

I'm not sure if you're the person who wrote it, but it does have
"Arizona" a lot, so I'm hoping someone on this list is ;)  There
surprisingly isn't an author's address in the doc.

But, my comment is that libwmf contains a utility "wmf2svg" which
Inkscape will use if you have it installed.  Some distros need the
libwmf-bin or libwmf-tools package also to get the utility.  It would
make it much easier to get the wmf file into your document.  No bitmap
step -- bitmaps are evil :)

		--Ted