Publisher in Linux or alternative?

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss at granroth.org
Thu Jun 7 22:23:06 MST 2007

Nathan Aubrey wrote:
> Yep, I knew that. I use scribus and inkscape now and then and I didn't even
> think about it. Then let me rephrase the question, is there a way to view MS
> Publisher files in linux?

FWIW, It looks like Crossover can run Publisher 2000 and 2002 without
any significant problems.  Publisher 2003 has issues with 6.0 but maybe
6.1 does better since it has improved Office 2003 support.

If you have access to Publisher, you might want to check out what file
formats it can export to.  Perhaps one of them can be imported into
Scribus?  I haven't used either, so I can't comment.

Kurt