Publisher in Linux or alternative?

Nathan Aubrey nathan at paysonlinux.org
Thu Jun 7 15:51:44 MST 2007

On Thursday 07 June 2007, Jon M. Hanson wrote:
> On Thursday 07 June 2007 15:43, Nathan Aubrey wrote:
> > Someone just asked me about Microsoft Publisher. I don't even know what
> > it is! Is there a linux equivalent for this thing? And what is it?
>
> Scribus (http://www.scribus.net) is a professional-grade desktop publishing
> application for Linux. It's probably far above the capabilities of
> Microsoft Publisher, which is just mostly a toy and not serious desktop
> publishing software.

Yep, I knew that. I use scribus and inkscape now and then and I didn't even
think about it. Then let me rephrase the question, is there a way to view MS
Publisher files in linux?

I have a department that is interested in switching to linux, except they need
publisher for some certificates. No doubt can be remade I guess, but I'm
trying to save some work for the poor slob who would be stuck re-creating the
cert... (me)

nathan