Headers and Footers in Firefox

Austin Godber godber at no8tech.com
Sat Jun 2 19:08:25 MST 2007

Dazed_75 wrote:
> Currently using Ubuntu 7.04 (feisty) and Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4
> <http://2.0.0.4> but this seems to be true for all the Firefoxes I have
> used with various versions of Ubuntu.  If I look at the print preview
> for a web page it shows the desired headers for title and url ad footer
> of page # of # and the date.  Unfortunately they do not print out.  I
> think there may be some hidden values for header and footer margins
> because I used to see a row or two of dots at the top of pages,  Does
> anyone know where to adjust them (the normal margin adjustments do not
> help)?

Does anything other than firefox print wrong?  I tend to recall having
to set printer margins globally somewhere with every new printer I print
to from Linux.

Uh, also check this thread:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/29622

Hmm, when I print a test page from the Ubuntu Printer setup tool the
margins are way off.  I would start there.

Heres a discussion of setting margins in CUPS:
http://wiki.nerdylorrin.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=CUPS

Good luck

Austin