scammers

Jon M. Hanson jon at the-hansons-az.net
Sat Jun 2 08:42:11 MST 2007

Michael Havens wrote:

> This will work and I will use it, thanks. What about with email scammers? Is
> there a similar website? I wouldn't think so because they would just close on
> account and open another.

A better idea is to report them to the abuse address of whatever e-mail
service they're trying to use to scam people. Sometimes those people are
clueless because they look at the headers you send and say that the
e-mail didn't originate from their service. So you have to say upfront
that this person is using their service for fraudulent activities.
Getting their account shut down (it's almost always on one of the free
e-mail services) would definitely put a temporary damper on their plans
because they most likely just sent out thousands of e-mails telling
people to e-mail them at that address to be separated from their money
and now the address is gone.

--
Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
Homepage:  http://the-hansons-az.net