Explaining T-Shirts

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Sun Jul 29 21:35:11 MST 2007

Gerald Thurman wrote:
> I was wearing the t-shirt that reads:
>
> $> cd /pub
> $> more beer
>
> I encountered a person who said "I don't understand your t-shirt."
> I tried explaining it by placing a Windows-like GUI around it, but
> they responded with "I still don't get it."  They wanted to learn
> more about the t-shirt, but I didn't have time to help them.
>
> I was wearing the t-shirt that reads:  "Free Software, Free Society."
> Three mailpeople were having lunch and one of them asked
> about the t-shirt.  How fun!  We get to speak  briefly about
> Free Software and "Free as in Freedom."  They found it
> entertaining, but I doubt any of them will search the
> Internet to learn more about Free Software.

Fun stories!

My "It's in the wiki" shirt gets all kinds of conversations going.  The
PLUG T-shirt has led to many also.

I really should subscribe to the Linux Journal since I purchase it every
month at the bookstore.  But, about half the times when I purchase one
in the store I get a conversation with someone .  Sometimes it's someone
else buying a computer magazine.  Sometimes it's the clerk at the
counter.  It costs more but the conversations are fun!

Alan