Thanks for the help and fstab?

Carlton Brooks linux at carltonbrooks.net
Sun Jul 29 16:56:30 MST 2007

Yesterday I went to the install group to get some help. I would like to
say thank you to those that helped me out. To David and especially JT.
They were true educators.

I went there asking for help for installing a raid on my new pc, using
Ubuntu Server. JT helped me configure it and got me going. I left the
group and setup the pc to finish running the hard drive sync. It
completed in about two hours.

JT told me to check it using cat /etc/fstab
I did and came up with he following. (See below)

My two questions are, if anyone can help is
1. Does the fstab info look like it should?
2. How do I know that the raid is working?

BTW, if you need more info please let me know.

Do not really want to go any further if it is not.

fstab info

proc                  /proc               proc         defaults      0
           0
/dev/md1           /                       ext3         defaults
0              1
/dev/md0           /boot                ext3
defaults,errors=remount-ro   0      2
/dev/sda2         none                  swap         sw            0
           0
/dev/sdb2         none                  swap         sw            0
           0
/dev/hda          /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660   user,noauto   0      0
/dev/fd0         /media/floppy0      auto         rw,user,noauto   0      0

Thanks again for all the help.

Carlton Brooks
Mesa