Moglen addresses O'Reilly

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Jul 24 12:11:57 MST 2007

moin moin,

the important O'Reilly, not the talking head :).

In the 'dead LUGs' thread I broached the importance of freedom as being
one of the things I think we're losing.

O'Reilly has certainly done a lot for tech over the years and lots for
Free Software as well.

http://www.linux.com/feature/118201

Does O'Reilly think everything will move to centralized servers with
companies adding doodads on top?

He doesn't see those doodads moving to services run by individuals?

He doesn't see the US finally catching up with other tech countries and
having good bandwidth at home where we can serve up our own data?

His internet pipes vision is great, where everyone gets to slice and dice
data feeds as we see fit, but wouldn't we want to run that on our own
machines?

ciao,

der.hans
#  "The babys blood type? Human, mostly."  -- Orson Scott Card