Phoenix Software Freedom Day Team - Call for Volunteers

Derek Neighbors derek at gnue.org
Mon Jul 23 09:20:35 MST 2007

Dennis,
On 7/23/07, Dennis Kibbe <dennisk at linuxquestions.net> wrote:

> Code Camp is a possible venue and would be easy to do I think. The one
> objection I've heard is that we would be "preaching to the choir." Whether
> that is true or not I don't know. Anyone have an opinion? What percent of
> those attending Desert Code Camp would benefit from hearing the Free
> software message?

I quickly ran through their tracks and classified as NON  F/OSS (things like
C#, Adobe Products, VB, Java), thing that are NEUTRAL (things like agile,
design patterns, etc) and F/OSS (things like Perl, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc)

47 - NON F/OSS
27 - NEUTRAL
20 - F/OSS

Based on those numbers, I think it is a good mix of people already using
F/OSS and those that may not really be using F/OSS or have limited exposure.

That said, I was not at the last code camp so perhaps someone that was could
speak up to as what the audience was like last go around.

--
Derek Neighbors