Phoenix Software Freedom Day Team - Call for Volunteers

Derek Neighbors derek at gnue.org
Mon Jul 23 00:05:50 MST 2007

Dennis,
On 7/22/07, Dennis Kibbe <dennisk at linuxquestions.net> wrote:

> Software Freedom Day is September 15th and a small group of us are working
> on
> organizing an event.
>
> The purpose of Software Freedom Day is to celebrate F/OSS software around
> the
> world and to educate the public in the advantages of F/OSS. So far there
> are
> over 140 teams registered for SFD 2007.
>
> We've made some initial contacts and have registered the team at the
> website.
> You can find the wiki here:
>
> http://softwarefreedomday.org/teams/northamerica/AZ/Phoenix
> SoftwareFreedomDay
>
> Please consider joining the Phoenix Team and helping in any way you can by
> sending an email to dennisk--at--member.fsf.org with the subject line SFD
> 2007.

It just so happens that SFD is the same day as Desert Code Camp [0] being
held at UAT.  Would it be possible to make SFD a part of the Desert Code
Camp?  It would be nice as there will likely be lots of computer people
there that may not know much about Free Software.  I thought I saw that the
Installfest was going to try to happen during that time as well (though I
could be wrong).

--
Derek

[0] http://www.desertcodecamp.com/