NTS: karm read-only

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Jul 18 21:00:33 MST 2007

moin moin,

every once in a while karm goes all read-only on me and it's really,
really annoying.

I've searched multiple times for how to unlock the lock, but until tonight
haven't found any info on the lock.

This is a note to self for the next time it locks up :).

Here's the error that appears when starting from the command line.

"karm: WARNING: KarmStorage::save : Could not save"

Here's the page that has the solution.

http://kubuntu.de/pipermail/kubuntu-de/2006-February/000012.html

Here's the english translation of the solution.

1. quit karm
2. remove the log file: rm ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/lock/*karm*
3. restart karm

Unfortunately the only indication of the read-only condition in the GUI is
a short-lived status message in the bottom corner of the main window that
it couldn't save.

Hopefully this post pops up next time I search for the lock file...

Anybody know why it's under kabc rather than karm?

ciao,

der.hans
#  "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
#   -- Albert Einstein