evolution font sizes

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Jul 18 17:51:57 MST 2007

Am 18. Jul, 2007 schwätzte Ted Gould so:

> On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 16:10 -0700, der.hans wrote:
>> is there a way to reduce the font size evolution uses for menus?
>>
>> I feel like Evolution is displaying for IMAX while everything else is set
>> for a 20" monitor.
>>
>> Under view you can zoom in and out on the message, but that doesn't affect
>> the folder listings, etc.
>>
>> Smaller icons would be nice as well.
>
> This is all adjusted by your GTK+ theme.  You can adjust that in various
> ways -- probably the easiest is to use the little gnome-theme-manager
> program that comes with various distros.  You can also edit your gtkrc
> file, but that gets a little more complex.

Once several people pointed out that it's only adjustable via GNOME
configs I went in and changed it via System->Preferences->Font.

That only allows me to drop it down to size of 8. 6 or 7 would've been
better, but 8 is working just fine for me.

danke,

der.hans
#  If you don't think for yourself, others will think for you --
#  to their advantage.  -- Harold Gordon