Internet woes redux

Robert N. Eaton Motheaton28 at aol.com
Sun Jul 15 12:15:16 MST 2007

Dazed_75 wrote:
> Dump aol and get a real ISP and I suspect most of those problems will go
> away.  Aol truly expects you to be running windows where they can
> install their own network drivers and other stuff.  Aol can be accessed
> by non-subscribers but they want their subcribers in environments they
> are willing to support.
>
> My 2 cents

Ummm...  My ISP is Qwest DSL. (I'd use cox.net if I could.) This worked
well on the old box, before it started getting flaky. My email account
with aol.com also worked well then, too. Something went wrong with the
old setup, which first killed off my Linux IDE hdd.  I replaced the old
hdd with a SATA unit, which is when I started to have the internet
hang-ups. I suppose I could buy an IDE drive and try that, but this
board has native support for SATA. I keep thinking that it _should_ work!:-/

I have no problem with changing my email provider. Do any of you have
any favorites?

Bob Eaton