64 Bit Computing

gm5729 gm5729 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 07:16:26 MST 2007

Hey all. Guys and gals :)

I am wondering if any of you run a 64 bit environment on your
machines? I just purchased a Lenovo laptop dual core and am doing
research before I figure out what route I want to go with it. My
concern is that there will not be enough programs to support the 64
bit environment along with drivers. Mainly I need printing through
CUPS. I know Java and Flash cause problems right now and are only
available 32 bit. I could do a chroot-jail to do 32 bit stuff but I
don't know if I want to go through the hassle. I run Debian Lenny on
my boxes. Comments? Advice?

Gregory