I hurt my keyboard......

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Mon Jul 9 17:58:34 MST 2007

From: Dazed_75 <lthielster at gmail.com>
> The key is not having any electrical source connected while doing this,
> being very sure to avoid any residue (hence the distilled water), and a
> THOROUGH drying.

Aye.  Worked for me, worked for other people on the list.

> Remember that pure water is basicly not conductive until impurities are
> added.

Nope.  H2O is a very weak electrolyte in its pure state, since the KA for
it is 10^-7.  Those of you who remember high school chemistry will know
that pH 7 is "neutral", though chem people who need a pH 7 reference use
buffer solutions instead of pure H2O for obvious reasons.  Ultrapure H2O
will conduct electricity, just not very well.  Despite that, distilled H2O's
chem characteristics are pretty good for cleaning up keyboards, since
isopropanol can dissolve some inks.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
"I backed up my brain to tape, but tar says the tape contains no data...."