Employment opportunity repost

Michael March mmarch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 11:12:52 MST 2007

Yo my fellow PLUGger's..

I posted this a month ago and for various reasons we haven't filled it
so I figured I would give my PLUG brothers and sisters another shot
too.  :)

---------

My current gig has an job opening (they are looking to fill asap) for a 2nd SCM.
First.. here is the official job posting.. then read my additions below:

> The Software Configuration Manager is responsible for technical direction,
> administrative processes and management governing identification, change
> control, status accounting and auditing of systems or software and their
> constituent components archives.
>
> This is a position that will be ½ SCM and ½ manager of the client beta testing
> environment.

> and the migration of all changes in software code, configuration files, and data.
> Provides client support for the environment.  Monitor performance to identify and
> resolve system infrastructure problems.
>
> Assist the lead Software Configuration Manager and help to maintain technical
> direction, administrative processes and management governing identification,
> change control, status accounting and auditing of systems or software and
> components archives as laid out by the SCM. Promote a professional and
> positive relationship with Acxiom teams and client.
>
> Critical Skills / Experience:
> Technical Skills Required:
> - Linux engineering
> - Hardware systems engineering
> - Software Configuration Management (SCM) experience
> - Scripting knowledge (SQL, Perl, etc)
> -Production Support of enterprise applications and systems
> - Documentation skills
>
> Other nice to have skills:
> - Windows engineering
> - Test planning and execution of ETL processes in a Data Warehouse
> environment

Ok.. so here is what is not in the job description that you should know:

1. The main platform, the Acxiom grid, runs on  RHEL3.. RHEL4 is in the works.
2. You'll mainly be working on-site at 24th Street and Camelback

.. also knowledge of the following is huge plus:

 1. Subversion (even managing the server backend)

 2. ** Python scripting **

 3. Automated software build systems (we use BuildBot)
 4. TCP/IP network debugging (most of our resources are offsite and
thus we deal with A LOT of network issues).. Ethereal will be your
friend.
 5. Building RPMs.
 6. SourceForge, enterprise edition.
 7. LDAP.. both OpenLDAP and ActiveDirectory
 8. Building and packaging: Java, scripts, and native code.
 9. Oracle

If you have any interest / questions.. email or call me.  If you think
you would like to apply I'll get you in touch with the HR people.

thanks!