I hurt my keyboard......

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Wed Jul 4 14:44:59 MST 2007

Michael Havens:
> I have a keyboard that has a touchpad built into it. I spilled some water
onto
> the touch pad and it no longer works. Any suggestions?
> It appears the water got onto the circuit board.

If the keyboard was powered on while this happened, you may be PWN3D.  I did
this
a few years ago (orange juice, not water) on a keyboard without a touchpad.
The
cure was to soak the keyboard in distilled water overnight, then take all the
keycaps off and let it dry for 2 days.  It's worked fine ever since.

> {the keyboard is currently being used to move the mouse}

Shift+NumLock, not the greatest thing ever, but it will serve.  This is one
reason
why I have a spare PS/2 mouse or 2 floating around at all times.

> I turned it over and set it outside for about a half hour.

Might not be long enough (though with heat and low humidity, it should've
been.)