Router and IP's

Jon M. Hanson jon at the-hansons-az.net
Tue Jul 3 12:52:23 MST 2007

Just set the computers you want ports forwarded to to a static IP
address on the same subnet so they won't use DHCP at all. This makes
the port forwarding easier since their addresses will never change.
In it's default configuration the Linksys sets up the network on the
192.168.1 subnet and hands out DHCP addresses beginning at
192.168.1.100. Simply put the computer you want ports forwarded to on
something like 192.168.1.10 (the subnet would be 255.255.255.0 and
the gateway would be 192.168.1.1).
---
Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
Weblog: http://the-hansons-az.net/wordpress/