Questions regarding Qwest.

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Tue Jul 3 06:40:41 MST 2007

On Monday 02 July 2007 16:55, after a long battle with technology, Jim
wrote:
> Mark Jarvis wrote:
>> Matt Graham wrote:
>>> Can any Qwest users confirm or deny that they have or don't have an
>>> NNTP server?
>> When we had "Qworst" phone service we lost it much more often than
>> our cable connection.  Plus, although we live in what is now regarded
>> as "central Phoenix", I was consistantly told "Sorry, DSL is not
>> available for you."

I already checked, and the website says I can get DSL.  (This may not
reflect reality, but what the heck.)  The whole "distance from the CO"
thing can get weird.  Years ago, I heard of a guy who was 2 blocks from
the CO and couldn't get DSL because the lines were laid out in a long
C-shape, with the CO on one end of the C and his house on the other.

> They have one, but it's crap.

Ah.  The Comcast NNTP server (subcontracted out to supernews, or
something) is probably crap as well, but it works well enough for my
needs.  I'll have to try it out and see once I get down there (~3
weeks, probably.)  Thanks,

--
  207.  The following are not legal weapons in a duel:  Steamrollers,
  Nerve Gas, Land Mines, Midgets.