Another Early Unix Story

Jim arizona.anorak at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 01:39:07 MST 2007

Once in a while I'll read the ancient history in the Jargon file.  My
favorite is the story of the system support staff at Motorola
discovering a way to crack system security on the Xerox CP-V timesharing
system.

Go here then scroll down until you see Xerox CP-V.
http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/meaning-of-hack.html

--

"That income tax you know it's nothing more than legal robbery"
Sidney "Pa" Larkin

The magic HD-DVD number is:
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0