Way OT: iPhone battery

David daz at damnetwork.net
Mon Jul 2 20:17:44 MST 2007

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Bryan O'Neal wrote:

> While heat will kill the life of any Li-Ion battery, the real problem is
> the display.  Which is similar to any smart phone or laptop.  I believe
> you will find the same environmental factors for the power book as well.
> So if you feel the apple laptops are doing just fine, get an iPhone, if
> not don't.

I agree.  I was just pointing out the difference between the device
getting that hot and the outside temp being that hot.

> Personally I am thinking the LG Prada would be better as my provider
> caries them and I don't have to renew two years to get it.

I won't argue the merits of one phone or another as its a fairly personal
decision (I would do alot of things to keep my mom from getting the
iPhone, for example.  Then again, she has issues operating an *iPod*...).
It's not for everyone.  However, you don't necessarily have to sell your
soul for 2 years (as I did...souls are overrated anyway :) )

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/07/02/iphone-prepay-the-right-way/

David

--
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."