Way OT: iPhone battery

David daz at damnetwork.net
Mon Jul 2 19:59:29 MST 2007

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Dan Lund wrote:

> So basically its unuseable in phoenix?
>

> On 7/2/07, Tuna <tuna at supertunaman.com> wrote:
>> I have heard that the battery dies at any temperature over 95 degrees...

Not sure what happened to my last reply, but oh well.    Anyway, I'm not
sure where this little tidbit came from, but the only thing I could find
online was a reference to operating temps of the iPhone with 95 being at
the upper end.  This makes sense, though.  You dont really want the
*phone* to reach 95 degrees.  Basically, dont leave it outside on the
sidewalk, or on the dash of your car during the day and you'll be fine.

I can assure you that it works just fine outside, with temps over 110.
And it is a pretty damn sweet device.  Much better than the:

- bb pearl I had
- blackjack I had
- nokia 6682 I had
- the other 2 nokias I had (all smart phones)
- 4th gen iPod it replaced

btw, I heard a rumor that the human body doesn't work above temps of 110
or so.   Phoenix residents must be SOL, no?  :)

David

--
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
--Darth Vader