Questions regarding Qwest

gm5729 gm5729 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 12:57:40 MST 2007

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:54:45 -0400
> From: Matt Graham <danceswithcrows at usa.net>
> Subject: Questions regarding Qwest.
> To: plug <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
>
> Recent discussion on this mailing list (as well as scuttlebutt from
> cow-orkers) has made it obvious that Cox is a terrible choice as far as
> ISPs go.  So, how does Qwest stack up?  Obviously, they use PPPoE, but
> that's not a huge deal so long as all it requires is editing rp-pppoe's
> config file appropriately.
>
> There was nothing in their FAQ about NNTP/newsgroups/Usenet, which
> probably means I'll have to obtain an account with news.individual.net
> or something.  Can any Qwest users confirm or deny that they have or
> don't have an NNTP server?  Thanks,

We has Qwest at the house now. Used to have Cox when we lived on the
east side in Mesa. Qwest has done us good out here in Buckeye. Only a
handful of times that it has gone down and they are usually pretty
good about sending someone out to reboot their radial server. As far
as newsgroups go I really don't know. I haven't used them with Qwest.

Gregory