Ann: Devel Meeting, Thursday, Feb 1st

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Jan 29 07:43:15 MST 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 21:01 -0700, Dennis Kibbe wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 18:03 -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
> <SNIP>
> > Craig White is a former vice president of Arizona Apple User group
> > (mid
> > 80's), and have been doing computer support, contract sysadmin for
> > Macintosh, Windows, Linux networks since 1987
> >
> <SNIP>
>
> Linux support, no doubt, came later than 1987 since Linux Torvalds
> didn't enroll in the University of Helsinki until 1988 and didn't
> announce Linux until August 1991.
---
I didn't start fooling with Linux much until sometime like 1998 - I
don't know if PLUG has my original subscription request or first
posting.

Windows didn't much interest me until WinNT 4 (probably around 96/97 - I
don't remember).

My involvement with AzApple started pre-Macintosh actually when I
originally started with an Apple ][ (note, not a +). Around 1986, I ran
for AMUG president, because the board members were sucking off the
revenues and I felt that a user group should be a non-profit, with
uncompensated involvement and as anyone familiar with AMUG would
know...I lost.  ;-)

Craig