where do old programmers go?

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 00:09:52 MST 2007

Hi,

    I'm a programmer, and i'd like to know where old programmers go. I'm wondering because I don't see a lot of 55+ programmers and I want to be prepared for the future.
Some might say I'm still young (30's), but now is probably the time to plan for the next 20-30 years of my career.

    Does everyone get sucked into management, quit IT, or find quiet jobs in the corner where no one notices?

    btw, no offense to anyone. old programmer and being old are not the same thing.

-j