Firefox configuration management

David Demland demland at cox.net
Mon Jan 22 19:14:03 MST 2007

I think you are right.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-bounces at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-bounces at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Alex
Dean
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 10:13 PM
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Firefox configuration management

Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> Hi David,
>
>    Are you sure you can run ALL Ajax and Flash apps?

I think the question to ask is "Can JavaScript's XMLHttpRequest object
(which ajax is built on) or Flash initiate requests on ports other than
80?"  I'm not sure, but I think the answer is no.  Java applets are an
entirely different story.  Even if a few oddball apps suffer from having
non-80 ports blocked, I would be pretty sure the vast majority of
web-based applications are going to function just fine.