770, N800, Gp2x, etc.

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Jan 12 12:32:32 MST 2007

Am 12. Jan, 2007 schwätzte Joshua Zeidner so:

> On 1/11/07, Joshua Zeidner <jjzeidner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 1/11/07, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > moin moin,
>> >
>> > the Gp2x is much less expensive than the Nokia products, but also plays
>> > video and audio.
>> >
>> > No bluetooth or WiFi. Dunno if it has a developer community working on
>> > the
>> > software.
>> >
>> > Any other similar products out there?
>>

> The truth comes out...
>
> http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/07/01/12/0430200.shtml

Out of the comments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenMoko

I don't like only having on screen controls. I guess it makes the device
more configurable, but I don't like not being able to see the buttons in
the sun. If the voice dial works well that might be sufficient.

With which carriers would this work?

I'd still just prefer to have something the size of a matchbox that does
phone and allows other devices to connect to it :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators  https://LOPSA.org/
#  I've got a photographic memory,
#  but I'm lousy photographer. - der.hans