Water Cooled CPU

eculbert eculbert at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 22:10:49 MST 2007

Yep, honeywell before it became a bunch of Bull had
them. I got a suggestion award on the pump unit for
'something that cannot be done'. I went to the tool
crib and 'purchased a screwdriver adapter for the 28
hose clamps and a torque wrench, attached them to the
suggestion award that had been 'rejected'. Fastest
paid suggestion I ever recieved..next payday!!

True, one of 68 awarded!! They still owe me $6250 as
far as I am concerned! But laid me off just before the
year was up on that $7500 award so tough was their
reply!! That was for having the machine shop grind
down a 1/16 inch punch to pin hole size. Seems the
'only tool' avaiable was broken off dental picks
before!! Soft metal at that. That got me $750 only.
Saved litterly millions in damaged backplanes. Went to
machine shop, had them grind one down, attached it to
suggestion write up and name of the machinist!!

RIF'd 7/86..just before the plant became Bull ....

ED

--- keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It is my understanding some mainframe computers used
> to be water cooled.
>
> Just got this from dell.
>
> The Dell XPS 710 H2C Edition has an innovative,
> two-stage cooling solution that helps cool the
> processor even at its highest mode, and does so more
> effectively than Dell’s air-cooling solution. The
> H2C hybrid cooling system combines a liquid
> radiator, a thermoelectric cooling module and
> control circuitry to optimize CPU cooling with
> minimal power. Ideal for gaming enthusiasts, the
> system is designed to help the XPS 710 H2C Edition
> stay cool in overclocked mode2—up to 9 degrees
> cooler even when you clock it at bin+2 speeds.3
>
> TinyUrl.com
>
> Check out the price : is a "cool" $5,499.
>
> Keith
>

> Keith Smith
> A link from my website to yours
> Submit Your Metro Phoenix Website

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remember Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out,
and talk to others dependably.

No Morse Code required starting about Feb 07!
http://www.arrl.org/

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.