Samba Domain and Standard Users

Nathan Aubrey nathan at paysonlinux.org
Wed Jan 10 08:52:09 MST 2007

I have a domain setup using samba and ldap. Everything works great, except for
some permissions for users. When a non-admin user logs in he is not allowed
to set a default mail or web browser, or any default app, and cannot even
create shortcuts on the desktop from the start menu.
Obviously I have missed something somewhere, but I cannot figure out what. Do
I need to give each user local power user priveleges? This totally defeats
the purpose of using any kind of domain control!

Any comments?

nathan

PaysonLinux User Group
Community Based Linux Support
http://www.paysonlinux.org/

Business Consulting Services,
Advanced Network and Server Design,
Security Solutions,
Process Management and Efficiency Consultations