OT - Am I being probed or ?

aboynes at msasolutions.com aboynes at msasolutions.com
Sun Jan 7 16:17:22 MST 2007

Quoting Dazed_75 <lthielster at gmail.com>:

> On 1/6/07, Empty <plug at emptiedout.com> wrote:
>>
>> That might not be the best idea.... A lot of networks use RFC1918 space
>> on their routing gear, and sometimes on internal servers. Just because
>> the internet should not route it doesn't mean your network (eg your isp)
>> does not.
>>
>> ~Ben
>>
> Ummm   ....   what?
>
> I have no clue what you meant by that or what may not have been a good idea?

Sounds like he doesnt think the orginal poster shoudl block the
traffic from the 10.x.x.x block.

I don't see why it would hurt to do so.  He can still be routed
through the isp, without having to receive such traffic.  I doubt he
is participating in that network segment.  Sounds like something
upstream is being allowed to broadcast to irrelevant hosts.