ALSA problem`

Michael Havens bmike101 at cox.net
Fri Jan 5 19:42:53 MST 2007

could you do me a favor? I need you to open a terminal emulator and run top.
THEN start the KDE control center and see what program starts. I can't run
KDE as my desktop manager.... it eats way too much resources. I am quite
happy with icewm. It is very quick. I need thaat for my old computer. (my
goodness, almost ten years old:!) If you will help I thank you..... if you
won't, I thank you for the help you have given..... thank you.

MORE BELOW
On Friday 05 January 2007 7:29 pm, Trent Shipley wrote:
> I too am having sonic frustrations.
>
> I am running KDE 3 something, and after browsing the web I have discovered
> that ARTS, KDE's sound player, hogs all the sound resources.  You can set
> ARTS to time-out using the sound controls in the KDE Control Center.

Setting it to time out means that if new input isn't being sent to it then it
times out?