firefox extensions gone, Ubuntu update

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Jan 3 19:09:12 MST 2007

Am 03. Jan, 2007 schwätzte Alex Dean so:

> der.hans wrote:
>> It upgraded to 2.0.0.1.
>
> The same happened to me with Firefox on OSX.  I've downgraded back to
> 1.5.0.9 until a few of the extensions I use daily are updated.  If you
> decide to downgrade as well, you might have to manually re-enable the
> extensions in Firefox to get them working again.

Moving to 2.0.0 was more traumatic as I lost my session saver info :(.

Luckily, I was able to copy the session over to another machine and import
it there. Still lost some info, but was able to save most of my tabs.

> I haven't updated Firefox on my Ubuntu install for this reason.
>
> I also recently discovered that Thunderbird (on OSX anyway) has a
> default setting to automatically check for, download, and install
> updates without user confirmation.  Really made me mad when I saw it has
> updated itself without so much as a 'can I do this?' confirmation
> message...  I disabled this for the future in Thunderbird > Preferences
> > Advanced > Update.

Firefox has that option as well. It's not on by default, I think. I
understand having the feature, but I also don't want it turned on.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators  https://LOPSA.org/
#  If determining good culture is left up to busybodies and politicians,
#  we will be left with culture fit only for busybodies and politicians.
#                                                -- Jeff Taylor, Reason