A brochure project! -- one draft idea

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 18:06:25 MST 2007

I like it.  Nice job Josef!  Readers should remember to consider how it is
folded to appreciate the arrangement.

Depending on the target audience some of the 15 points might be rearranged.
For example, to target one kind of audience I might re-order the points to
something like 1, 6, 11, 12, etc to get the grabbers for non linuzx folks
early in the reading.  Just a thought.

I do also wonder about the modified Pentium Inside logo and how freely one
can modify and use it.  Also the R symbol.  I realize none of that is
important for this draft, but just thought I should mention it.

On 1/3/07, Josef Lowder <joe at actionline.com> wrote:

> .
> Here's one draft idea for the group's consideration:
>
>      http://www.UpQuick.com/linux/brochure.pdf
>
> --------------------------------------
> On Sat, 30 Dec 2006, Alan Dayley wrote
> > I was contacted by a leader of the Ottawa Canada LUG.
> > (www.oclug.on.ca) a couple of weeks ago.  They have an excellent
> > feature on their website that I'd love to see PLUG do.  Check their
> > promoting Linux page:
> >
> > http://www.oclug.on.ca/promoting_oclug.php
> >
> > They have a PDF of a nice brochure for download.  Anyone can then
> > download the brochure to pass out to interested people or post at
> > some community friendly location!  If the brochure is written right,
> > it would not have to be updated very often and could be used for a
> > long time.
> >
> > I'm not a graphic designer but I bet someone on this list is.  Does
> > anyone want to take on the leadership or the task of creating such a
> > brochure?  Once it is done, I bet we can even find sponsorship to get
> > some professionally printed.  Wouldn't they look
> > great on display at computer stores, campuses and other places?
> >
> > Who'd like to take this one on?

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss