PLUG site incident last night

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 2 14:32:13 MST 2007

Interesting concept, however if it has its own nic instead of just it's own IP you are limited to 3 or 4 right?

Aslo I read that it is not good at actualization yet ... and it is kinda slow.

How do you use it.  Sounds interesting from what little i have read.  Ca you allot resources... came you over book resources?  IE burstable RAM or soft quotas?

Dan Lund <situationalawareness at gmail.com> wrote: Well, Virtual Private Servers is another technology that is not quite
a fully virtualized setup, but I believe that's the jist.
User-mode linux is a kernel booting as an application, and runs
everything under it's own memory addressing.  The end result is a
fully virtual machine running as an app with a nic of it's own and
(virtual) console of it's own.
I use it alot at work, it's very handy to split a server into several
machines. (ala vmware, but free, and not OS independent)

-- quote --
Are you talking Virtual Private Servers?