CAUTION resizing M$ Vista partitions

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 23:38:44 MST 2007

<snip>
Thats what I hope too Eric (that it was an RC1 issue).  But maybe not what
we were thinking.  Based on Alan's experience being so very similar to mine,
I wonder if the RC1 issue was partly the Repair facility which did not work
for me but gave basicly the same messages that Alan saw except that mine
failed.

The one big difference though is that when my ubuntu resized the Vista
partition and subsequently built /boot/grub/menu.lst it did not see the
Vista partition as a bootable Windows.  It did when it had not resized the
partition.  I suspect the same thing happened to both of us but it was
handled differently in the two cases.  It will eventually be interesting to
learn the root cause!
and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss