Which blank DVD Disks to use.

John Schember j5483 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 08:38:24 MST 2007

You have a lot of different pieces you're asking about.

DVD+R and DVD-R: The only difference here is how the data is burned to
the disk. Once burned it doesn't matter which the disk is. It will run
just like any other DVD. Your drive does both + and - so it doesn't
matter which you buy.

DVD+DL and DVD-DL: Dual Layer disks are the ones that go up to 8 GB. You
can only burn these if your drive is capable of it. Some where on the
specs for the drive you should see something like DVD+DL if it's
supported. Just like with +R and -R they is no difference once burned,
they will read in any standard DVD drive.

DVD+RW and DVD-RW: Are rewritable disks. Good for backups. Same
considerations as above.

Basically you need to find out what your drive supports. Once you do
that any non super cheap off brand would be good to buy.

John Schember