Which blank DVD Disks to use.

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 08:20:44 MST 2007

Hi Everyone,

I bought a dell to convert to a LAMP development box and it came with a NEC DVD+-RW.

I was looking for DVD's and found DVD+RW and DVD-RW.  Seems most were 4.7Gig.

I was thinking a DVD would hold around 8Gig.

What I would like to do is formate the blank DVD disks and use them to do backups.  I used to do this with rewritable CD's.  Formating would actually put a file system on them and they would act like a floppy.

 I'm not sure which DVD's to buy that would be compatible with my drive and be able to format to work like a floppy or zip disk.

Any help is much appreciated.
Keith

Keith Smith
A link from my website to yours